Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Barron, Dunn, & Rusk Counties is proud to say that we specialize in water restoration. The customers that call upon us are very satisfied, check out our testimonials from customers. When we understand what it is that they are going through it just makes it that much easier for our customer. We assure them from the start to the finish of their job we will be there for them by walking them through step by step. Before tackling a water loss make sure to call us at 715-643-7171 so you don't get injured and follow these following safety tips. Your safety is our priority.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (715) 643-7171
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.