Winter Weather Tips
We at SERVPRO of Barron, Dunn and Rusk Counties care about you, we know that with this time of year with temperatures constantly changing it can wreak havoc on your home. Give us a call if there are any services we can help you with at (715)643-7171.
Make sure you also know how to handle these rapidly changing conditions, here are a few tips:
Know winter weather terms
- Watch=winter storm is possible in your area.
- Advisor=conditions expected to cause major delays and may be hazardous. Use caution.
- Warning=winter storm is occurring or will occur soon in your area.
Winter storm tips
- Prepare for possible power loss: add warm clothes to emergency kit, check flashlight(never use candles) &radio batteries charge mobile devices, fill car tank, take cash out
- Only use generators in open areas away from windows & home to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Bring pets/animals inside and move livestock to sheltered areas with non-frozen drinking water.
- Travel only if necessary. Keep an emergency kit in your vehicle
- Let family and friends know where you are. Check on neighbors before, after, and during the storm to make sure they are OK.
Always follow local official’s directions and warnings! Once again please know that your local SERVPRO of Barron, Dunn, and Rusk Counties are here to help.