Check your hot water heaters
Your hot water heater is one of those appliances that may have remained unseen or forgotten about. However, it is important to make sure to keep up regular maintenance for many reasons. Homeowners can wake up in the middle of the night or even come home to water all over their home. Depending on the size, it can possibly leave up to 50+ gallons of water. Below are a few signs that it may be time to change out the hot water heater in your home.
- Typically, a gas hot water heater can last about 8 to 12 years, while an electric model will last slightly longer from about 10 to 15 years. If your water heater is getting up in years, it may be time to replace it before it breaks
- If a puddle surrounds the base of the hot water heater, it is important to act immediately
- If there is no hot water while using the tap, this may be an indicator it is time to get the hot water heater checked
- Signs of tinted water coming from your hot water tap means there may be rust in the hot water heater, which may show possible aging and a signal of an oncoming leak
- Gurgling or popping noises coming from your water heater are caused by the buildup of hard water sediment heating up and exploding inside your water heater tank