Preparing for the cold
Well 2020 has been quite the year to say the least!!! The most unpredictable year we at SERVPRO have every seen. From the craziness of the world trying to shut down on us from the pandemic, to it being almost the middle of December and being 45 degrees and zero snow on the ground. We all know eventually the ugly white stuff will show its nasty self. With that being said, we can always take a few precautionary measures to protect our home and business from old man winter’s sometimes unforgiving face.
- Make sure you change your furnace filter and get your air ducts cleaned at least once a year
- Make sure your gutters are free of leaves and debris
- Seal up all your windows and unused exterior doors
- Clean your chimney and have enough firewood prepared for the entire winter
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Shut down pool and sprinkler systems and drain outside faucets